TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please familiarise yourself with our terms and conditions below:
1a. If you accept this Estimation, you will allow installation to commence within the estimated installation period. If within 6 weeks of the end of the installation period, you are unable to accept an appointment for installation, 80% of the purchase price is then payable and installation or delivery will follow as soon as is reasonably practicable by agreement between us.
1b. When confirmed arrangements are made for us to deliver goods to site, or when glaziers are required on site at specifically agreed times and the arrangements prove abortive due to Customer’s cancellation without notice, we reserve the right to recover our losses from the Customer.
1c. Work is to be completed the amount of visits agreed between Juno Mirrors & Glass Ltd and the customer prior to works being agreed, if the number of these visits is exceeded due to meeting the requirements of other trades or the client’s convenience, then additional charges will occur to enable us to cover our extra costs.
1d. We shall not be liable for any delay in the completion of the work that arises from causes beyond our control. (For example: fire, flooding, civil disturbances, strike action by others, criminal damage and acts of war).
- We shall retain ownership of the goods until you have finished paying for them.
- When glazing is included within our Estimation, this will include glazing, materials such as putty, mastic, silicone or mirror adhesive to be used at our discretion. Paint priming of timber or metal frames is the responsibility of the Customer unless specified above. The price excludes the final cleaning of glass and frames.
Our employees will endeavour to leave your premises in a neat and tidy condition, or similar to the circumstances found when entering the site. However, it is the Customer’s responsibility to provide a suitable receptacle for any waste or unwanted materials generated by glazing or re-glazing.
- When a delivery has been affected, or glazing work completed, we will require you or your representative to sign an acceptance or completion note signifying your satisfaction with our performance of the Contract.
5a. We guarantee to repair or replace, free of all charges for labour and materials, any product including any insulating glass unit which develops a fault
(including condensation between the glasses of the units) due to defective materials or workmanship within 5 years of the installation. You must notify us of any claim under the terms of this guarantee within 28 days of discovery of the fault and you should preferably notify us by sending a recorded delivery
5b. Despite the fact that your Statutory Rights remain unaffected, this guarantee does not extend to:
- Minor imperfections within the glass and outside the scope of the visual quality standards (2 metres) of the Glass and Glazing Federation.
- Damage due to misuse, neglect or lack of maintenance by you.
- Specialist items installed, for example: electrical ventilators, batteries etc., where the Manufacturers normal guarantee will apply.
- If using heat pads behind mirrors, these must be installed/applied to the wall by others and connected by a qualified electrician.
6. Where contracts are negotiated away from business premises, if you are unhappy with your contract for any reason, it can be cancelled and a refund of the deposit can be obtained by sending a letter to us at Unit D – 117 Roebuck Road, Chessington, KT9 1EU and sent within 7 days of the date on which the contract was signed. In the interests of certainty, we recommended that you send any cancellation by Recorded Delivery.
7. Code of Ethical Practice
We support the GGF Code of Ethical Practice as promoted by the Glass & Glazing Federation (GGF) and undertake to work within the guidelines of this and any other GGF Code of Practice. A copy of the Code is available at our Head Office. In the case of any dispute arising, we will provide details of the GGF’s Arbitration Scheme administered by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Any additional terms, conditions or verbal agreements should be written down for the purpose of clarity, which both you and we will sign.
The rights set out above are given in
- Addition to (and not in substitution of) all your rights under the common law or by Statute.
- A partial payment on your account of 50% of the estimated price is required before works are to commence, unless a Credit Account is held with us. The balance will become payable on satisfactory completion.
Estimated delivery/installation period is to be agreed prior to any works being carried out.
Terms of payment are in accordance with our Standard CONDITIONS OF SALE.